23.4.08

GOD'S ANGER CAN ACTUALLY BE GRIEF


In the Bible it is seen that sometimes the “anger” of God is really a flash of passion driven by intense sadness and grief over the loss of ones He loves. This is also seen in the lives of those who reflect Him in their hearts. Here are a few examples.



(1 Samuel 20:34) Then Jonathan arose from the table in fierce anger, and did not eat food on the second day of the new moon, for he was grieved over David because his father had dishonored him. (NAS95)


(Jeremiah 8:18-21) My sorrow is beyond healing, My heart is faint within me! Behold, listen! The cry of the daughter of my people from a distant land: "Is the LORD not in Zion? Is her King not within her? Why have they provoked Me with their graven images, with foreign idols? Harvest is past, summer is ended, And we are not saved." For the brokenness of the daughter of my people I am broken; I mourn, dismay has taken hold of me. (NAS95)


(Mark 3:5) After looking around at them with anger, grieved at their hardness of heart, He said to the man, "Stretch out your hand." And he stretched it out, and his hand was restored. (NAS95)

No comments:

Post a Comment